The Toltec School District has received system wide accreditation through the AdvancED Accreditation Commission. To receive AdvancED Accreditation,
Toltec School district hosted an external review team consisting of education professionals from across the country. The team evaluated the district’s performance according to the AdvancED national standards which include:
• Purpose and direction
• Governance and leadership
• Teaching and assessing for learning
• Resources and support systems
• Using results for continuous improvement
AdvancED accreditation assures that the district and each school is engaged in continuous improvement processes and ensuring that students are engaged in learning at a rigorous level. The external review team identified the following powerful practices:
• The Kids at Hope philosophy provides a framework whereby every student is known and supported by caring adults as learners acquire lifelong self-advocacy skills.
• System leadership and staff embrace and model a culture that ensures the success of every student.
In addition to identifying powerful practices, the external review team identified the following improvement priorities:
• Develop, implement and annually evaluate a comprehensive strategic process to provide direction for all system improvement activities and resource management ensuring systematic and systemic improvement.
• Develop, implement and evaluate system wide protocols and procedures for data collection and analysis.
• Increase the level of meaningful stakeholder engagement supporting the system’s purpose and direction.
Toltec School District’s accreditation is good for 5 years. The district will strategically address improvement priorities and submit a progress report in December of 2016 to update the commission on system activities. More information about AdvancED can be found at http://www.advanc-ed.org/